Wednesday, March 24, 2010



Curing Insomnia Through Meditation

Insomnia is the complaint of insufficient (not enough) or poor quality sleep because of difficulty getting off to sleep, difficulty maintaining sleep, waking up too early in the morning and/or unrefreshing sleep that occurs on a regular basis.

The most common causes of insomnia are stress; psychological conditions like depression, anxiety (worry) or schizophrenia; certain prescription drugs; over the counter medications which may contain caffeine and other stimulants; intake of coffee, alcohol or tobacco; some medical conditions; biological factors; changes in lifestyle; environmental changes; etc.

Insomnia can be treated using various medications, but these medicines are accompanied by various side effects. Moreover continuous use of these drugs may result in dependence on them. This creates a situation in which sleep is not possible unless the drug is used.

In order to successfully win over the problem of insomnia, lie down in bed visualizing and experiencing the meditation commentary given below regularly for a few minutes, just before going to sleep. Meditation works by relaxing the mind. The peaceful mind quickly spreads its effect to the hypothalamus, the region where the sleep centre is located. When the blockage there is removed, natural and peaceful functioning of the sleep centre is restored.

I am a soul, glowing powerfully in the centre of the forehead.... ....

I travel outside the physical body and physical world to fly to my sweet silent home of golden red light....... .

I am now in front of the Supreme Point, the Ocean of Peace....... .

I experience soothing (relaxing) rays of spiritual peace from this unlimited source of peace descending on me........

I am bathing in the Fountain of Peace....... .

The experience of the union with the Almighty gives me a deep feeling of relaxation.. ......

It brings my original qualities to the surface of my consciousness. .......

As I release my negative emotions, my tensions and worries are minimized, therefore, I feel free and light....... .

I am able to concentrate on this practice of meditation.. ......

My eyes are becoming heavier and heavier..... ...

I allow myself to fall into a deep and satisfying sleep....... .

I let go off my bodily parts....... .

Slowly reduce the speed of meditative thoughts and let the natural physical sleep phenomenon do its work. While you lie down in bed in a comfortable dark atmosphere you will automatically fall asleep.

Many of our friends face this issue. Just give a try, you will definitely be successful (hello. this we have to do ourselves only please!!). Sound sleep is very important in our life; as also sufficient sleep.

All the very best my friends...lets do meditate and convert our negatives into positive...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment